Thursday, February 26, 2009

20 Weeks: HalfwayPoint & Freaking Out

Seriously, where the hell does the time go? I swear the one thing you CONSTANTLY here from 'been there done that' moms is how fast time flies by when you have children. Along with every other trite expression that relates like, "They grow up so fast," or "Before you know he'll be riding a bike".....Whatever, you get the picture. So, here I am 20 weeks pregnant and I can't believe I am halfway through with this pregnancy. It kinda scares the crap out of me for unknown reasons. Luckily, it is NOT because I am unprepared. After all, I have been cleaning, organizing, and list-making for the past several weeks (oh, it's reached a whole new level because this week I have prepared a LIST of meals that I can freeze and prepare ahead of time along with the necessary shopping LIST for said meals). It's not the obvious fear either. I am really not so worried about being able to handle two under two at one time. Honestly, I could probably use the challenge anyway and this one will be born in the summer, and well you know, EVERYTHING is easier in the summer.

So the pregnancy. It continues (just a little to quickly).

It seems like yesterday I was starring blankly at this, just a wee embryo at the time:


Now you are a fetus with fully developed organs and you are able to open and close your eyelids and even suck your thumb if you choose to do so. You are the length of a banana (your big brothers favorite food).

2 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwwwwww. I love hearing all about Finn's new little sibling. It's absolutely amazing knowing what the little tidbit could be doing at this moment. Sucking his/her thumb???? Wow! Little bits will enjoy seeing pics of her/his life in the womb!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time does fly and I know this little one is growing exponentially just waiting to join the perfect family.

    ReplyDelete