Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Homework: Gain Weight

I know most consider me lucky. I was born with a super fast metabolism. I am 19 weeks and 4 days pregnant and I weigh in at a whopping 119 lbs. This averages in at 1 pound a week weight gain since I got pregnant. The baby is super healthy (as far as ultrasound and blood samples can see) and is actually measuring ahead of schedule. I eat ALOT. I have uttered that phrase countless times in my life, usually as a response to someone leering at me and wondering which eating disorder I may have. Little do they know, I love food. I especially love red meat, fast food, and anything over-processed. So, whatever, doctors orders are to gain more weight. YIPPPPEEEE!

I had my "big ultrasound" also know as the gender determination ultrasound where we did not find out the gender. We will have another surprise (!) baby. I admit, I was trying to look this time to see if my untrained eye would notice any specific boy or girl parts, but alas, it did not. It's for the best, of course, because surprises in the delivery room are the best (P.S. I still think I am having another boy). The ultrasound pictures of the baby are great and the tech commented on how photogenic he/she is, which still leaves me as least photogenic in our family. Great. The baby looks healthy and all the measurements look good. I am back to my original due date of July 4th.

P.S. Baby #2, please don't be born on the 4th of July because your daddy wants to name you after Uncle Sam. Thanks. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment