Sunday, February 22, 2009

Oh Holy Nesting

I didn't really nest when I was pregnant with Finn. I remember looking forward to it my whole pregnancy, anxiously awaiting the moment when I would get my ass in gear and really deep clean the inside of the stove and dust all the baseboards but sadly it never happened. I think a lot of that had to do with the fact that I was working at Nordstrom at the time and my organizational tendencies were fufilled by schedule making, filing, managing, etc. By the time I'd arrive home from work there was just enough time to change into comfy clothes, make a frozen pizza, and park my ass on the couch to watch Big Brother. Anyway, this time is different. My new favorite word is LIST. I have lists of things "to do" broken down by specific categories like house and groceries and than I organze those lists. Hmmmmm...speaking of lists, lets make a list of what my compulsive nesting has allowed me to accomplish around the house:

1) Developed a coupon orgainzational system complete with expandable file folder and I actually use it.
2) Hung framed pictures on the wall. I have my mother-in-law to thank for this.
3) Started painting the back stairwell.
4) Cleaned out my email inbox.
5) Dusted the baseboards (yeah!!)
6) Organized our digital photos, including adding random photos sent via email and transferred them onto our computer.
7) Did a complete overhaul of Finn's closet, reorganized all of his clothes bins by size to prepare for Number 2.
8) Made a list (of course!) of things I still need for Number 2.

And best of all....
9) Picked out a girl name!

No comments:

Post a Comment