Monday, March 23, 2009

24ish Weeks

So I had a prenatal check-up this past week and well I knew before I stepped on that scale that my weight had significantly changed. Most of my pants literally DID NOT FIT overnight. I was, however, STILL shocked to find out that I gained 10 pounds in 4 weeks. That's a lot people!!! Anyway, I guess all of those hundreds of boxes of Girl Scout cookies I consumed this month coupled with a week of sitting on my ass at my parents house did the 'trick'. Anyway, I need to slow down because I am starting to feel lethargic and my fat jeans are just not that cute and I'd rather put off wearing them as long as possible.....Otherwise everything else looks fine. I know, Iknow, it's not ALL about ME there is a fetus at stake here!!! Well he/she is just as wiggly and busy as ever. I am assuming it is he/shes way of asking for more thin mints.

My weekend consisted of a mixture of basketball, death, and a hard blow of reality not particularly in that order or even related but nonetheless consisted of lots of highs and lows. This was not a great recipe for a overly hormonal pregnant person who is still considered a newish mom with a rosy colored view of life. I attended a funeral where my role was supposed to be that of the supportive friend and I am pretty sure at the very end of the service with tears streaming down my face he was the one giving ME encouraging words. Anyway, luckily I am huge and apparently this is to be expected. On a positive note, I am so honored to be a part of such a supportive group of friends. So what if most live miles and miles away, just knowing they are "there" is enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment